7 New Year’s Resolutions that Will Make 2017 an Amazing Year for Your Business
So . . .
It’s finally here. We are about to bid 2016 goodbye. Can you see how time flies? We hope 2016 has been kind to you and your business. You might be looking forward to create some fresh goals for yourself and your business. That’s a good thing. Consider greeting the new year with a blast of new goals.
When it comes to your business, you know you just don’t want to rely on luck. It’s all about preparation and knowing which direction should you and your team go. It’s a fresh start so it’s about time to re-focus on brand new perspectives. Rather than holding on to the past year (or years) of marketing mistakes and failures, let us help you recreate a business resolution that will make your 2017 an even more amazing year to come.
- Not just research but data-driven content. Research is necessary for content creation and that’s a given thing. But there is more to internal data from your 2016 campaigns that can help you be more effective on 2017. It’s very important to look back on data from your past campaigns to see your weak points and your best strengths. So this year, take the oath that you will use more of your 2016 data and correlate it with thorough researches to tailor the best contents for your brand and your audience.
- Be more (digitally) social. It’s the 2017 and more of your customers will use some kind of social media. If you haven’t utilise social media networks for your campaigns, then it is definitely about time. Mind you, you are actually missing a lot of the game. Make sure to be more active on your social pages. For better outreach, create a monthly calendar dedicated to your social media marketing agendas.
- Automate, automate, automate. Automate everything possible; may they be follow ups, schedules, redundant tasks — automate those to save time and for better efficiency. Automate data gathered. No more of those old messy excel sheets. Store all your customer information into a customer relationship management software. With a technology like this, creating, sending and analysing mass campaigns is made easier. Even processes like nurturing leads and deploying campaigns are made easier.
- Keep track of your data. Campaign data are like the spare parts of your company. If you want success this 2017, you gotta keep those data altogether. Store, segment and group data to better analysis. Examples of data that you should keep are your 2016’s customers demographics, geographic and psycho-graphic profiles.
- Put mobile forefront. When it comes to digital marketing, going mobile should be a forefront. Each year, more and more consumers use their phone to search, review and buy products. So be sure every campaign you do is optimised for mobile users.
- Be more organised. Again, if you want to be more effective on your business’ usual processes, dump the good old spreadsheets. Imagine this: what if you can nurture customers automatically all throughout their journey without having to get in touch with them one by one? What if you can follow up to those prospects who abandoned their shopping carts without having to e-mail them manually? Or, what if you can easily analyse your campaigns’ progress with a 360 degree view without having to manually crunch and analyse data. This, again, my friend, is the time to use an automation software.
- Give more. Yes, the holiday season may have passed by but that doesn’t mean your customers wouldn’t love to get those discounts, freebies and VIP perks. Plan ahead for your 2017 marketing. Which seasonal products do you want to be discounted or offer free shipping to. By giving more privileges to your customers, you are building brand love and loyalty.
How to make these resolutions work
You might have seen the usual scenario: it’s hard to keep up with resolutions. How many friends of yours have said they will stick to a diet routine starting the New Year and ended up losing the track weeks later? Or, how many times have you failed on your own New Year’s resolution?
Ah, perhaps you don’t even remember.
It could happen on your marketing resolutions too. But there’s a simplified way that can help you stick to all of these resolutions. Do you know that all these key points and resolutions can be optimised with the help of an automation and CRM software such as Infusionsoft?
With Infusionsoft, data from your campaigns are automatically stored for analysis. Social media marketing are made easier when you can segment, target and personalised campaigns with ease. Automating redundant tasks so you don’t have to do them again and again manually is also made possible by Infusionsoft. Sending out coupons doesn’t have to be a pain in the neck as you can do attach them with your newsletters, updates and follow ups — all through automation.