Keeping up with the Millennials: Marketing Your Accounting Firm to Generation Y
How do you effectively market your accounting firm to a social media-driven generation who are not just tech-savvy but are meticulous when it comes to buying new services. The entrepreneurs among them are more than just a generation of selfie lovers or Instagram updates. They want to have the freedom to conquer the world and let their businesses shine without hurdles.
As this generation is analyzed to be more stress than Baby Boomers or Generation X, the basics of your marketing message must be something about how you can wipe out all those time-consuming, stressful and mostly, daunting books.
Know that millennials want you to be friend with them. They don’t want brands that portray superiority. In fact, they love it when providers reach out to them in a friendly manner. They want to be connected to businesses that talk to them on a personal level. They like messages that are genuine, mature, humble and sociable.
Get your previous clients’ testimonials out there because millennials love word-of-mouth even from strangers. They are likely to research about your previous client’s experiences with your accounting firm. Generally, their buying decision is widely affected by words of mouth.
Just so you know, millennials don’t like traditional marketing. As you notice on Facebook, they don’t do traditional advertisements. Instead there are “sponsored post”. Be creative and think outside the box.
Key pointers when marketing to millennials:
- Add whatever material, you have on the Internet, make it mobile friendly and optimize for all device type
- Personalized email marketing using innovative tools like Infusionsoft to create ultra-targeted automated messages
- Understand your prospects behavior by collecting data by using tools such as a CRM software
- Make your messages creative, empowering and unique. They will love it!
- They are more self-expressive, they love being their own boss, so try not to hurt their egos or personal points-of-views
- Millennials use cloud technology like Infusionsoft to increase productivity, accuracy and streamline processes, so should you
In the end, Generation Y, is not really a tough nut to crack. The problem is how to effectively communicate your messages to them. They want you to incorporate your services with their very lifestyle. They hate sluggish websites, they want you to be everywhere they are.